Friday, November 4, 2011

Thursday, November 3rd …..

I flew home on Monday evening into the final few days of organization of the Tasmanian Craft Fair. Since then, I’ve had three trips to Deloraine and I am just starting to realise the realities of living so far away. A round-trip from Dilston is about 150 Km, which is OK for the occasional drive but just a bit too much for something that is done daily. I’ll need to look at alternatives when we get into the business end of organization of next year’s Fair.

Certainly, there is a possibility of parking the van here during the busy time and I can probably organize some office space in the town. We’ve already booked accommodation near Deloraine for the actual days of the Fair, because it’s a long way to drive home to Dilston after a busy, hot day in the sun.

When I was driving down to Deloraine on Tuesday, I noticed a white turkey wandering along the side of the highway. Now, that’s not something you see every day. I suppose it had wandered away from one of the local farms; maybe it had worked out that its days were numbered and Christmas is not that far away. Sadly, when I was driving down yesterday, there was a pile of white feathers on the side of the road and several interested ravens hanging about. I think the poor turkey met its end as road kill.

Everything is looking good for the Craft Fair. The hoeckers are all erected, the stalls are all built and today is the day that the stall-holders move in and set themselves up. We’re expecting 240 stalls and about 25000 people over the next four days. It will be fun but we’ll be exhausted at the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment