Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Wednesday, 22nd February .....

There are always lots of tourists in Deloraine at this time of the year. It’s hard to move in the main street with all the caravans and motor homes driving slowly through the town, looking for a parking spot or just taking in the sights. The locals get a bit anxious and it’s hard to find anyone who really welcomes them.

I noticed one 4WD outside the bank with a geocaching symbol on his spare tyre cover. It’s funny that I have just been sorting out the caches I’ll be looking for on my next excursion, and there’s a reminder on the back of someone’s vehicle. I sneaked a picture but was caught in the act.

This fellow introduced himself (Ed!) and told me he was house-sitting a place in Devonport. He and his wife Liz are very keen geocachers and were heading for Liffey Falls where one had been planted. He told me about a mega event which had been held near Wagga last year and he and Liz had picked up 317 caches in a 24-hour period. I’ll bet all the fish he catches are a metre long and all his eggs are double-yolkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment