Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sunday, March 25th .....

I’ve mentioned in previous posts that one of Jamie’s good friends committed suicide just over a year ago. He left a partner and a young son and Jamie has been keeping in touch with Angie and Mason to provide a male influence to the young kid. It was his third birthday today and Marilyn and I were invited. We were asked to dress up, or wear a mask, or bright clothes. I’m pleased to say that lots of people made the effort and, of course, Marilyn and Jamie did their best.

Marilyn used her outfit from the Fifties night and said she was Alice in Wonderland and I wore a colourful shirt I had bought in a moment of weakness in Bali. I didn’t think it was too bad but I was a bit upset by some of the comments and sniggers behind my back. There was one young woman there who obviously had taste as she said it was fantastic. She went on to say that she had seen one just like it in an Op Shop last week and I’m not sure what to make of that comment.

Jamie toyed with the idea of wearing Kiss make-up but then settled on going as the builder in the Village People. When the costume came together, he thought he looked like a European road worker so he introduced himself: My name is Stivros but you can call me Stiv. He was quite a hit and won a prize for the best costume. I was sure they would have given the prize to me but Marilyn probably told them it would only embarrass me.

It was a great party. Mason was sharing it with a little girl turning one so there was quite a turn-out with two families and friends. There was lots of party food and red cordial so we were quite exhausted when we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment