Friday, February 22, 2013

Saturday, February 23rd .....

I had thought that our sleeping patterns would get back to something like normality when we came home but we're still sleeping in until 9 o'clock most mornings and then taking another hour to have breakfast. Still, if there is something pressing to be done, we wake earlier. Clearly our body clocks can adjust themselves to suit our changing lifestyles.

It's been a busy week overall. I had meetings on three evenings and each one took some preparation. I'm getting my head around the Craft Fair organisation again and starting to tick off what needs to be done at this stage. Entries have started to roll in already.
It's only six weeks until I leave for the UK and I suppose I should be tying up all the loose ends. Flights are booked, travel insurance is in place and I'm now looking at the logistics of getting from one place to another. Train seems to be the most interesting option from Heathrow to Glasgow when I arrive - tube from Terminal 4 to Kings Cross, short walk to Euston and Virgin Express to Glasgow. I know I'll be tired but I love trains and it will give me a chance to see some of the countryside on the way.
I'll hire a car for the trip up to the East Coast and I'll continue on from there for few days in the highlands. Somebody has put me on to the Travelodge chain of cheap hotels. They're not like our Travelodge; they're more like Formule 1, but only about $30 per night. Sounds good to me.
I'm getting quite excited about the trip. It will be funny travelling without Marilyn but I know she would find the long flight difficult and that would spoil it for her. Maybe another time we will find a ship which will take us to Europe in comfort. The Dawn Princess, leaving on July 13th, will take us to Venice for $5000, but we can't afford the time this year. If there's something similar in 2014, who knows.
Today's program includes blackberry picking. It's very windy but warm; couldn't be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment