Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday, March 10th .....

We might have had a brush with fame today.  I say ‘might’ because we have no idea who the celebrities were or even whether they were celebrities at all, or just four boys behaving badly.  We were towing a trailer towards Launceston and I pulled into a layby to check that the load hadn’t moved.  In behind us glided a stretch limousine with a fully-uniformed chauffeur.  Four scruffy young men jumped out, climbed to the top of an embankment and proceeded to point Percy at the paddock.

Cars passing by honked their horns and waved.  The young men, who might have been members of a pop group, waved back (one hand at a time, of course).  I suppose we should have asked them for an autograph but, as I say, we didn’t know who they were.  Anyway, I wasn’t going to hand them my pen, or shake their hand because I saw what they had been doing.  Later, we asked the checkout chick in the supermarket who they might have been.  She wasn’t sure, but did mention a name; however, it was in teen-talk and we couldn’t understand her.  Whatever!

I wonder if they write in their blog about the harassed elderly couple they saw struggling with a badly-packed trailer.  We had decided we would indulge in some bed-swapping.  That is, collect Jamie’s bed from the storage, take it to Dilston to replace our bed which he has been using, and bring our bed back to the storage.  I know, it’s madness, especially as we chose a day with a predicted high of 31o and scattered showers.

Anyway, the job was done at the cost of a great deal of perspiration and some drops of rain on the way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment