Saturday, April 5, 2014

Sunday, April 6th ....

We spent yesterday at the caravan. Marilyn kept herself busy, as she does when things are worrying her and I spent the day on the riverbank, reading. We handle stress in different ways and we are certainly stressed at the moment, worrying about Jamie and trying to establish a sound base for our future life.

I'm pleased to say that Jamie seems confident that he'll be out of hospital in a day or two. Apparently, he's had his final blood transfusion and now needs to allow time for recuperating. His house in Dilston is still occupied by Madeleine and her boyfriend so he and Nera will live with us for a few months at least. Thinking ahead, we've decided that a very large house is not the answer in the long run. What need will we have of four bedrooms and two living rooms when Jamie and Nera move on? So, we're concentrating at the moment on reasonably large 3-bedroom houses which won't demand too much looking after when we become empty-nesters once again.

We have two already in mind, one in Launceston and one in Deloraine, but have three more to see on Tuesday.

I've attached a photo of the riverbank near our caravan with the remains of tractor treads in the mud, like dinosaur bones. I hope I've written enough now to get up to date, and to get my critics off my back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment