Sunday, February 1, 2015

Monday, February 1st ....

We've fallen into a comfortable routine since moving back to Dilston.  We're generally woken at about 7 o'clock by our two goats demanding to be fed.  At first, I dragged myself out of bed worrying about whether the neighbours might be disturbed but I've got beyond that and can happily turn over for another hour or so.  After all, next door has chooks and they're a well-known noise hazard.

After a couple of cups of goat food, Ted and Billy trot cheerfully to their designated work area for the day.  I have to tether them for safety so I move a couple of star pickets from one clump of blackberry bushes to another when they've decimated the current spot.  Blackberries are definitely the food of choice.

On the way back to the house, I let the cats out of their 'cottage'.  We've taken them back from the friend who adopted them on our retirement at the end of 2009.  She now has a baby and another on the way so two hairy cats are a complication.  We put them into their 'cottage' at night to protect the local wildlife.

I feel a bit like Farmer George by the time I remove my rubber boots and head inside for breakfast.

It's comfortable to be  'back home' but we still have itchy feet and are constantly planning holidays, imaginary or otherwise.


No comments:

Post a Comment