Friday, September 1, 2017

Saturday, September 2

I've never been a fan of personalised number plates although I can appreciate people might want to celebrate the acquisition of a individual car by having some special identification.  I know companies might look for plates which will relate to their company (MACCAS01 or RAYWHTE11) but pink plates with DEBBI07 leave me cold.  A car is just a tool to help people deal with their busy lives.  To tag them with a personal name seems a bit over the top.  My iPad is just as important to me as my car but I don't feel the need to name it.

Too many people think adding 007 to their initials on a number plate make them seem special.  But you need more than that to be James Bond.  Apparently, there's quite a market for some plates and people snap them up as an investment.  I could pay $400 and buy a Victorian plate saying SUDOKU but why would I want to?  If I couldn't live without WSSSUP, I'd have to fork out $750, but you'd have to have deep pockets to buy WOG - $14000 to carry around a racial slur!

Next door has a visitor today, in a little red Honda with the number plate TITI.  I can't begin to think what message she is trying to convey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment