Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Thursday, July 6

I had an appointment with an Occupational Therapist at the Hospital to see what you;e be done to help me with the nerve damage in my hand.  She suggested a few things including regular handwriting practice, thraputty, origami and so on: all intended to improve my dexterity.  One specific direction was to get fatter pens, which would make it easier for me to control what was happening.  I looked to Temu, my new favourite app, and ordered a pack of origami paper, and three or four fat pens.  The minimum order to get free delivery is $15 and I was a. bit short so I ordered a random single pen to make up the difference.

I hadn't read the details and, when it arrived yesterday, I was amazed at how it looks: black with hard edges and a sharp spike sticking out of the top.  I went back to the website and read the specifications:  Multifunctional, Self-Defence, Tungsten Steel Head, Tactical Pen, Aluminium Alloy, Self Defence Pen, Outdoor Broken Window Cone Tactical Defence Pen .... all for $4.49.

If I keep it in my pocket when I get on a plane, will I be fined for carrying a concealed weapon?

No comments:

Post a Comment