Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday, November 8th ....

I thought I might relate a few anecdotes about the Fair but they would have little interest for anyone but Rotarians so I won't bother. At our final-night dinner, we had lots of stories and much laughter but you would need to have been there to enjoy it.

Jamie organised a stall for Tasmanian Specialty Wines and made a few dollars. Madi and Josh helped out as well. The icing on the cake was an order for about 150 bottles of wine to put in Christmas Hampers. At last, there's money coming in.

Our friends Sue and Martin arrived for a visit the night before the Fair started. I dragged them along to a couple of evening functions so we could spend some time with them and that was great. I think Martin particularly enjoyed meeting the Premier; he certainly spent some time talking to her. They've gone off for a couple of days and we expect them back about Monday, when we can give them our full attention.

Last year, I celebrated the end of the Craft Fair by buying myself an iPad. This year, I bought a new e-reader. Marilyn has taken to borrowing my old one, leaving me to read on the iPad. This is great, of course, but I found that the battery was running out at the wrong moment so I've invested in a proper reader. JB HiFi were selling the Sony Mk 2 for $99 and I can't resist a bargain. It's a more elegant machine than the Mk 1 so I'm happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment