Monday, March 30, 2015

Tuesday, March 31

I hate spending money but sometimes it can't be avoided.  I took the Territory in yesterday for my local mechanic to have a look and he agreed that the transmission was 'stuffed' (a technical term to describe major mechanical problems) and he could fix it for $3900.  That's better than the $5400 quoted by the Ford dealer but still a heart-stopping amount.

Clearly this was a good time for my computer to have a coronary.  I've had it for 8 years and it was a cheapie to start with so I can't complain.  Jamie has been keeping it going with chewing gum and duct tape but warned me that it was 'stuffed' (a technical computer term for major technology problems).  Nothing for it but to get a new one.

My heart was set on a Mac but the model I wanted was over $2000.  I would have settled for the $1600 one but Jamie reminded me that I would need to spend about $400 on software so I have opted for a Windows model.  It's a Hewlett Packard 22" all-in-one with a touch screen.  Only $860 and I think it is a real bargain.

It's just a matter now of waiting to see what will be the next expensive item to decide it is 'stuffed'.



No comments:

Post a Comment