Thursday, July 7, 2016

Friday, July 8

Now that the cold weather is here, I went looking for my winter clothes. Hat, scarves and gloves were easy, the jumpers turned up and lightweight jackets, but two heavy jackets, suitable for the bleak days in the dead of winter could not be found.

They usually hibernated for the summer in a plastic box under our bed but that box no longer existed. I had a bit of a search in our shed but with no success so I was at the point of deciding it was time for a Kathmandhu down jacket I had been lusting after for some time. The $400 price tag brought me up short so there was nothing for it but a deeper search among the boxes in the shed.

The jackets were finally found, in a small cardboard box along with a single curtain. The jacket I was particularly keen to find was a large cream parka. It was a little grubby so I turned out the pockets before I put it in the wash. And I found a scrunched up receipt dated 18th April, 2013 from Inverness Railway Station in Scotland. At 12.29 that day I bought a cream cheese and bacon bagel, a 4-finger KitKat and an Oat and Raisin Cookie. With a diet like that, it's no wonder I'm so healthy.

The snack must have hit the spot because I remember that I dropped off to sleep and missed changing trains at Perth. I had to travel on to Edinburgh and get a train there to take me to Glasgow.

No comments:

Post a Comment