Sunday, July 3, 2016

Monday, July 4

I know it's unedifying to say 'I told you so', but I did. On March 24th I suggested that Mr Turnbull might have made a tactical error in calling a double dissolution in the hope of getting a more compliant Senate. After a DD, the quota for getting in to the Senate is halved so it opens the door to every ratbag splinter candidate who wants a platform for their point of view. We might have lost Ricky Muir and Glenn Lazarus but we've gained Derryn Hinch and Pauline Hanson! I'd forgotten Pauline was still lurking in the bushes and nothing good can come from her elevation.

it now seems we might have to wait for two weeks before we see the final result. If I were Mr Shorten I would be hoping that things don't change in his favour. Who would want to be Prime Minister in this situation? And I wouldn't be Mr Turnbull for quids. You can hear the knives being sharpened as we speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment