Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sunday, October 9

We had planned to go with our Probus Club to visit the Emu River Rhododendron Garden which is near Burnie, about a two-hour drive from Launceston. The weather forecast was promising so Jamie and Nera decided to join us, especially when I agreed that Nera could drive. I think that they're becoming bored waiting for Nera's registration certificate to arrive so she can start work, and will take any opportunity for a change of scene.
Nera completed her conversion course in nursing very successfully and has already been offered a job in Hobart but she can't start until she has the piece of paper in her hand. In any case, they're not sure Hobart is the right move; staying in Launceston or a move to Melbourne are two other possibilities.
The Rhododendron Garden is rated 4th best in the world (reminds me of the beach in Japan which is rated the 86th best). It's on 11 Ha and is fantastic. It rained all day (forecasting Tasmanian weather is not always easy) but it was a great day. Nera and Jamie had three cameras on the go, so there are lots of pictures.
This evening, we were winding down in front of the TV when there was an almighty racket outside. The wind had got up, and a panel on the roof of the carport had come loose and was clattering up and down, disturbing the neighborhood. So, there we were, Marilyn and I, in the wind and rain, me up a ladder while Marilyn passed me the heaviest logs we could find on the wood heap, hoping that their weight would anchor the roof until the morning. It's less than 7 weeks since my stroke and I don't know whether I should tell the Physiotherapist or not.



No comments:

Post a Comment