Friday, October 27, 2017

Friday, October 27

Marilyn and I found ourselves at the movies this afternoon, watching The Sapphires, part of a series of Australian films organised by the local U3A.  The acting hadn't improved since the last time we saw it but it was worth watching again just for the music.  When the credits started rolling, there was the name which is appearing everywhere you look - Harvey Weinstein. I hope he didn't have a hands-on role in the making of the movie.  'Hands-on' has a worrying meaning when you think of Mr Weinstein.

I hadn't looked at whether the local University of the Third Age has anything to offer me in my current interest in study, so I checked out their website.  Offerings for Term 4 are limited: Felt for Fun looked interesting but I suppose it depends on whether Felt is a verb or a noun.  Sadly, it's a noun and I don't really want to learn how to make felt.

The only other thing on the menu was 'Ukulele for Beginners'.  Not for me!

I have signed up for another course, over the next eight weeks.  It's through a University in Barcelona and called the European Discovery of China.  

No comments:

Post a Comment