Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Early Morning at Coles


Marilyn sent me out yesterday morning early to take advantage of the Oldies’ Happy Hour at Coles.  I didn’t know what to expect but it turned out to be a very pleasant experience.  I was greeted by a cheerful young man who wanted to check my ID.  They were clearly serious about keeping out the younger, fitter people who would likely be unconcerned about shoving senior citizens out of the way to get the last tin of baked beans.

There were some gaps on the shelf but plenty of fresh fruit and veggies and I don’t think we felt deprived.  I’ve never seen so many staff in the store, replenishing shelves and generally being helpful.  I usually get irritated with the stupidity of the staff leaving their big trolleys right in front of the area I’m trying to reach but somehow their smiles and cheerfulness softened my mood and I moved around in a pool of sunshine.

The checkout chick was efficient and, again, cheerful so I went home with my little bag of stuff full of the joys of spring. Living with coronavirus is not as difficult as I thought.  Thanks, Coles, for making my day a little easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment