Friday, January 29, 2021

Friday, January 29th

I had to pop in to the hospital today to get some blood tests in preparation for next week's op.   My throat was still a little scratchy so, being a good and thoughtful citizen, I asked the woman behind the desk for a mask.  She drew back and went into panic mode. "You shouldn 't be in the hospital if you have a sore throat," she said. " I'll have to tell the nurse and he might not do the test."

I retreated, sheepishly, to my seat until the nurse called me in.  She was very blase and told me the admin staff often over-reacted like that.  She didn't wear any PPE, not even a mask, so she clearly wasn't worried.  Marilyn was bemused by the statement, you shouldn 't be in the hospital if you have a sore throat.  Surely, there would be no better place.  Anyway, I know I am covid-free, so there wouldn't have been a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment