Thursday, January 28, 2021

Thursday, 28th January, 2021

Jamie had a bit of a sore-throat and his company told him he needed to have a Covid test. Because Marilyn and I had been with him for the weekend, and I had a bit of a cough, we decided we should be tested too.  There's a mobile station on the way in to town so we drove in.  The place was deserted, with half a dozen health professionals  standing around trying to look busy.  It says something about how lucky we have been in Tassie not to have the problems of other places.  The nurses said they had about 60 people in during that day, nothing like the crowds that other places have seen.

We had our swabs and the results came back this afternoon: both negative.  Jamie was negative too.

I've had several phone calls today from various people at the Launceston Hospital, collecting details and giving me preliminary information about my forthcoming trip to have an operation.  During my last colonoscopy, they noticed an anomaly and I'm going in to have it remedied.  Today, I had the Admissions Secretary, the surgeon, the Pharmacist, the Anaesthetist, and the Physiotherapist, all ticking off their various lists.  Tomorrow, I go in for blood tests, and to collect the necessary pre-op mixture, and I'm due to check in for the op at 7am on the 8th, two days before my birthday.  Probably not my preferred way to spend that week.

No comments:

Post a Comment