Saturday, May 15, 2021

Sunday, May 16th 2021

 

The topic for my Writing Group story last week was ‘Perfect’ so I decided to write about the few days we spent in Jomsom in Nepal during our trip there in 2010..  To refresh my memory, I flicked back through the archives of this blog to 31st October, 2010, the day we flew into this mountain town.  Of course, the memories flooded back.

If I hadn’t realised it before, I can see now the value of keeping a diary.  Once I started reading about those few days, I couldn’t put it down.  I’ve been lazy about keeping this blog up to date, rationalising it by saying that nobody is interested, no one reads it and it’s a waste of time.  Well, I’ve had a flash of understanding; I don’t write the blog for anyone else, it’s for me, and to support my failing memory and, if I want to be totally PC, for my mental health.  Bugger the audience, I’m the only important one here.

My resolution is to be more diligent and write more regularly, try to make a comment about anything out of the ordinary, not to mention health if I can help it, and look for the positive in anything that happens.

Yesterday, we drove down to Deloraine to see the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra playing Vivaldi’s Four Seasons .  The orchestra wasn’t there but there was a live cross and we watched it on the big screen in the local theatre.  The theatre is notorious for being cold (we went to see Dr Zhivago here once and the theatre was colder than it was in Moscow!) but since our last visit, the heating has been improved and we were comfortable.

It was only the Strings section of the orchestra performing, with four different violinists playing the solo parts of each season.  We haven’t been to anything like this since Covid crept up on us and we were blown away.  There’s another similar concert in a couple of weeks and we’ll be at that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment