Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wedneday, 31st August …..

It’s 11 o’clock the morning after my operation and I seem to have survived. My first visitor this morning was Jamie, just before7. He’s having his elbow op today in the same hospital and the same surgeon. When the surgeon came by to see me at about 10, he said Jamie’s op. had gone well and he was in recovery.
The lead-up to my operation was uneventful but when I awoke in the recovery room, someone had discovered that they fitted the wrong cap to my prosthesis. No worries, said the surgeon, we can fix that in 10 minutes – so another shot of anaesthetic and back into the theatre.
I was waiting for someone to say, Has anybody seen my iphone? but thank goodness, no-one did.
It wasn’t easy sleeping last night but I’m feeling fine this morning. I can’t wait for a decent meal, it’s been liquids and snacks until now.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are feeling better. The things some people do to attract attention. Thought it was your knees!!!!
    At least you will know you can do more things now.
    Speak to Marilyn daily to find out how you are. Will ring her again this afternoon and enquire about Jamie too.
    Love Jen

    ReplyDelete