Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Thursday, September 1st …..

Well, it’s Day 2 of my convalescence and I’m getting institutionalized to bedpans, bed-baths, meals on trays and a tiny TV high on the wall. At least I have been given a room to myself, so I don’t have to be sociable. Marilyn and Jamie have visited a couple of times, and five flipino friends came in on Wednesday evening with tulips and chocolates.

When I finish this note I will have another round of physiotherapy to do. Apparently it’s the key to getting fit quickly so that we can enjoy the cruise in less than 6 weeks’ time.

I have my computer with me so I can check emails and keep in touch with the world, so it’s not all bad news. It’s the sitting up in bed I hate and I’m not mobile enough to wriggle around looking for a comfortable spot.

The staff here are terrific. I have a male nurse looking after me today, camp as a row of rents. He flutters around the place like an extra in Carry On Nurse. Last night Marilyn was here and the nurse on duty recognised her from Grammar, and regaled us with the woes of having an 18-old daughter dealing with teenage angst. The night nurse caught me reading at 5.30 this morning and was very interested in my Sony Reader. It looks like her mother will be getting one for Christmas.

I thought I might overhear some gossip to fill the spaces in the blog but I seem to be in a quiet corner and miss out on a lot of what’s going on. It’s the story of my life, really.




1 comment:

  1. You can have bedpans on your own!!! You sound much better than yesterday and tomorrow will be better again. Luv Janet

    ReplyDelete