Monday, September 5, 2011

Tuesday, 6th September …..

It’s nice to be home although I find it hard to be sitting around for long periods with nothing much to do. I thought I would spend quite a bit of time at my desk but I find the chair is too uncomfortable so I have reverted to the netbook on my knee – not quite the same.

The doctor gave me the all-clear to come home on Saturday. This suited him as he was flying out to Queensland on Saturday morning and, if I was off the books, he wouldn’t have to brief his stand-in on my case. Marilyn is doing double duty at the moment as the only one in the family with two working arms and legs. Jamie is depending on her as well as his elbow is strapped tightly and he can’t drive for a couple more weeks.

I’m having very little pain and am quite mobile but the hardest thing is getting comfortable to sleep. I can’t sleep as I normally do, on my side, and lying out flat on my back is difficult. Since I’ve been home, I’ve had to sleep in my recliner chair with a doonah thrown over me but at least I can close my eyes for a few hours.

This morning, we received our e-tickets for the cruise. We don’t know our cabin number yet; the idea is that they guarantee us a cabin of at least category O but it might be better. On one previous voyage, on the Volendam, we had paid for an inside cabin and ended up with one on the outside. Certainly, it wasn’t the best possible because, at each port, the gangway was erected just outside our window, but it suited us. In reality, we only use our cabin for a few hours sleep each night, so the frills don’t excite us.

Jamie has found a Facebook link for the cruise and has already had contact with a number of people who are making their plans, forming trivia and bingo teams, and so on. I’ve never played trivia or bingo on a ship before but I reckon this might be the beginning. One woman wrote: I love doing trivia; not very good at it though so I need to find some smart friends. Jamie wrote straight back asking her to join us. It’s like on-line dating, a bit scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment