Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Wednesday, August 21st ....

I'm a bit of a political junkie so I can't stop switching on the TV to see what Tweedledum and Tweedledee are up to. But, it only makes me more depressed when I hear Joe Hockey struggling to make sense of their Paid Paternal Leave policy, and Kevin Rudd flailing around trying to find that killer-blow. I watched him in a press conference in Brisbane this morning when he was asked whether his idea of a special economic zone had been dreamt up on the plane trip to Darwin. As he explained, hand on heart, that he had been talking about this with colleagues for a long, long time, Tanya Plibersek in the background dropped her eyes and flicked them from side to side. I don't know much about body language but I think she was signalling her discomfort and that she was hearing a lie.

I've lamented before that this country deserves better but, unfortunately, neither of the two leaders seems to have the desire nor the capability to rise to the occasion.

Maybe, we need a write-in space on the voting paper or a 'Neither of the above' box. A commentator the other day said that if 'neither of the above' was on the paper, he or she could well be our next prime minister.

No comments:

Post a Comment