Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wednesday, August 7th ...

I had a go at the Vote Compass being touted by the ABC. Very interesting and it put me just where I thought I would be. (And that's my secret!).  What  I liked about it was that it focused on issues rather than personalities or the rubbish they espouse.

No winemaking today; things to do in Launceston for Rotary so my chapped, bottle-washing hands are having a rest. I went to a tele-conference on a project trying to help with hunger and malnutrition. A local scientist has compiled a database of 25000 food plants and It is being used to develop better crops for areas of the world where people can't grow enough food for the population.  I think it has lots of potential.

I'm writing this and trying to watch QI at the same time. Some of the things they talk about are so bizarre. Apparently, a dog has the same ecological footprint as two Toyota Landcruisers. That's a worry and I know people who have a Landcruiser and two dogs, and that's a bit over the top.



No comments:

Post a Comment