Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday, December 15th ....

My brother put me on to Pinterest and, because I was browsing while watching the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special, I did a search to see whether anyone else was collecting stuff about the Doctor. Wow! I couldn't believe the amount of stuff there was. I can see I've found a whole new world of time-wasting opportunities.

My favourite 'companion' is Amelia Pond, the girl,who waited. If you don't follow the series, you'll have no idea what that means but, trust me, her story is fascinating. Also, she's Scottish and has red hair, so that's two ticks to start with.

David Tennant played Doctor #10 and by a strange coincidence his wife is the daughter of Doctor #5. We Dr Who tragics find that sort of stuff fascinating.

Dr Who is a phenomenon. The hero is a doctor, not an avenger nor a warrior. He is armed with a screwdriver, to fix things, rather than a gun to destroy things. It's the longest-running sci-fi series anywhere in the world. And it's made in Wales.

I've attached a couple of posters gleaned from the web. One, of course is Amelia; the other shows Doctors Numbers 5 and 10, father-in-law and son-in-law.



No comments:

Post a Comment