Monday, March 7, 2016

Tuesday, March 8th

Our house looks like a Chinese laundry at the moment.  Madeleine has started to collect baby's clothes, and her family in Queensland sent her a parcel with some hand-me-downs.  Marilyn, of course, volunteered to wash them, as well as cot and bassinet sheets, etc.  Also, she took all of Madeleine's jumpers to get them ready for the winter,

On cue the weather changed and it has been cool and drizzly so the wet clothes have been spread all over the house.  

Today, we're heading in to town.  I want to buy a trailer for the tractor mower.  I've been digging up rocks for the past couple of weeks, using a heavy fire-fighting hoe and a bar.  It's hard physical work and I've been taking it slowly, not wanting to suffer another pinched nerve in my back like last year.  Getting the rocks out is one thing but moving them to a pile is another.  The barrow is too hard so I imagine a little trailer on the back of the mower will do the trick, as well as helping me to move the dirt I need to fill in the holes.  Oh, the life of a farmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment