Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Wednesday, March 9th

I came across the best airline sale I've ever seen yesterday.  The surprising thing is that it popped up at just the right time for us.  We have booked our international flights to the Philippines but hadn't got around to the internal flights we need: Manila to Naga return, probably twice.  These flights usually come in at about $170 return, so close to $700 altogether.

Cebu Pacific are now advertising their Piso Sale, where they offer domestic flights for 1 peso.  Of course, you need to add taxes, airport fees, web booking fee, etc so it sounds like a con but we had a look anyway.  And it was genuine: we managed to book our flights for a total of $173, less than $22 per flight.  We're also looking at having a week in Borneo for a break, at a cost of $90 for the fares.  We will be in the Philippines for 63 days so we reckon we'll be looking for a change of scene somewhere in the middle of that time.

We'll be flying with Cebu Pacific for the whole trip so we might gather quite a few Frequent Flyer points.  

I bought the trailer for our tractor mower yesterday but, of course, it came in three boxes of bits.  Time to harness my handyman skills and put it together.  It's quite a large beast so I'll need to clear the table in the shed so I can work at a reasonable level.  I'm past the days when I could construct a piece of Ikea furniture or the like on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment