Friday, May 13, 2016

Friday, May 13

I found myself with a couple of labourers this morning to help me with chores around the garden.  Madeleine's two half-brothers have moved here from Magnetic Ísland and they have been becoming stir-crazy with no school and no friends to play with.  We volunteered to take them off their mother's hands for a few hours.

The plan was that they would start by picking up the branches which had been blown down during the big winds of the past few weeks but, before we could get started, we found a dead wallaby.  There was nothing for it but to dig a hole and bury the poor creature.  

I suppose we spent about an hour keeping busy but we soon got bored and went inside to watch a movie.  When they were settled, I got on with the mowing to take advantage of the first dry day since we've been back.

We have a busy weekend coming up with an inspection tomorrow of new premises for the Giant Steps Adult Program.  On Sunday, it's the annual Model United Nations Assembly when I take the role of President.  

No comments:

Post a Comment