Monday, September 12, 2016

Tuesday, September 13

This should be my last day ihere in hospital. It's been three weeks and I feel I'm becoming institutionalised like a long-term prisoner. But the end is in sight. Marilyn will pick me up tomorrow morning and we'll go straight to Longford to help Madeleine celebrate here 21st birthday.

it's still early here as I write this and the hospital is srarting to come to life. It's certainly hard to sleep in, especially after the cleaners arrive. I used to think it was the Matron who ran the hospital or the Ward Sisters, but it's the cleaners. They have the right to go where they like, when they like and woe betide any patient who gets in the way of their polishing machines.

And they're so loud! Of course, some of the nurses are no better. My room-mate rang his bell at 5 this morning to get some help to go to the toilet. The nurse on duty arrives and cheerfully bellows, 'What's up, darlin'?' Well, that's my sleep over. It's great to see that young female bogans see nursing as a good career choice but maybe their training should include keepin their voice down.

No comments:

Post a Comment