Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Thursday, July 27

Only in Tasmania!

Our Probus Club is organising a lunch on August 1st and I'm collecting numbers.  One of our couples will be celebrating their anniversary on that day and the wife sent me the following message:

If it is wet on Tuesday 1st August, we would like to come to the Bush Inn for the Christmas in July lunch. However if it is a nice sunny day George would like to take me to Paradise and Lower  Crackpot!!

I should explain that Paradise is an area in North-west Tasmania  and Lower Crackpot is a tourist attraction of weird miniature buildings and a hedge maze based on the Hampton Court Maze n England.  The village has been developed by an eccentric Scotsman who is always adding more buildings and enhancements.

Currently, he is building a Wall and is advertising that Donald Trump will be flying in to open the attraction on November 25th.  I think we might take the drive down to see the fun on that day.

It's worth noting that the area around Lower Crackpot is call The Promised Land.  I suspect the early European settlers might have been a bit religious. 



No comments:

Post a Comment