Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Wednesday, July 5

Last week should have been my last time to drive the bus for the local old dears to go swimming in Launceston but their regular driver returned from holiday and rang to ask if I could do just one more.  It's not an imposition and it gets me out of the house for a few hours.

I generally sit in the cafe while they have their hydro-something class - hydrology ? hydroponics?
 - read my book, have a coffee, etc, and watch the world go by.  They have their lunch around the pool and we're generally ready to leave by 2.45.  Today, a delegation came to ask whether I would consider taking on the driving job on a regular basis; Maureen, after all, is getting a bit old, and she's not very good at parking.  So, that's my Wednesdays sorted out for the foreseeable future.

We've been watching Outlander but have given it up, after reaching episode 15 of the first series.  I know Scotland in the 18th century was a bloodthirsty place, but the gratuitous violence in the show is too much.  We decided to go in a different direction while watching a red coat officer gleefully nailing the hero's hand to a table.

So now we're watching Pride and Prejudice and Netflix is lining up similar offerings for our future viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment