Sunday, September 29, 2019

Sunday, 29th September

We've had a couple of days in Sydney, visiting Marilyn' s sister, Anne, and her husband, Alan.  On the Sunday, their daughter, Sharon, husband David and their daughters, Isabelle and Amelia met us for brunch.  Sydney is exhausting but it was great to see them, especially the two girls, who remind us of how nice it is to have young people around.

We love the trains and the convenience they provide, but we are surprised at how tired we feel when we come home from the relatively short trip to Sydney.

Today, it was time to catch up with my brother, Sandy and his wife, Janet.  We had lunch at the Wollongong Golf Club.  I've had mixed feelings about this club with memories of some pretty ordinary meals, but today was a success.  Marilyn and I shared a seafood platter and we both enjoyed it.

I gave Sandy an advance copy of my memoirs and look forward to hearing his comments about my recollections.  No doubt, he will tell me I've made bits up but I will resist any suggestions for changes.  After all, they 're my memories, even though others may say they are faulty.

No comments:

Post a Comment