Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Wednesday, September 18

I’m on a Jetstar flight to Sydney for what I like to think is a well-deserved holiday.  I checked back and this is my first time on a plane since May 8th, 2016 when Marilyn and I flew back to Launceston after our cruise to PNG. Flying is so common nowadays that, for a retired gentleman, a period of 40 months without a flight seems unthinkable.

Things haven’t changed much in that time.  Jetstar still mucked up our booking.  We always pay the fee to select our seats so that we can both have an aisle seat, opposite each other.  When we got to the airport, they said they were doing a manual boarding, whatever that is, and re-printed our passes.  Somewhere in that process, we were shifted.  And we didn’t notice.

So Marilyn is up front in aisle 7, while I’m jammed in a window seat in aisle 16.  I hate window seats on domestic flights.  I think I read somewhere that the reclining mechanism on these seats has been disabled, and I hope that’s true; my knees are already jammed in the small space and any intrusion into that space will be intolerable.

Not happy, Jan, and somebody will hear about it.  Probably just the few people who read this blog. Life’s too short to get into a barney with Jetstar (and life’s getting shorter each day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment