Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Sunday, 19th September, 2020

I'm going to write this blog, assuming I can eventually hook in to the hotspot on my phone to upload it.  Of course, that eventuality depends on a confluence of events over which I have little control so I can only hope that goes well.  

I was first into the theatre on Wednesday morning, when the surgeons were at their brightest and the knives at their sharpest.  Everything seemed to go well and I awoke a couple of hours later in a private room.  Private room?  How did this happen?  It couldn't last and before long I was shuffled into a 4- bed ward when someone was found to be more deserving of a private space.

All the other patients were men, but that didn't last; there are two women in here now and I know they resent the lack of privacy.  The older woman across from me had a bad night and I suspect she is embarrassed to show her frailty in front of male strangers.

I have physiotherapy  each day and that is torture but necessary if I intend get home tomorrow, which is the current plan.




No comments:

Post a Comment