Saturday, September 26, 2020

Sunday, September 27th

 This is Day 12 of this chapter of my life and things are going as they should.  I had been warned that a knee replacement is much more difficult to deal with than a hip and I am 9 years older to boot.  No matter, as Sonny said in The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, "It will be alright in the end and, if it is not alright, it is not yet the end."

I can accept that but I would like to see some glimmer that the end is at least almost in sight.  What I'm having most trouble with is my lack of  flexibility in my back muscles.  So much depends on a strong back to deal with crutches and I'm very much lacking in that department.

Marilyn says we have been in the unit for 6 weeks already. We are co comfortable, it's hard to believe that we haven't lived here for ever.  

Recuperation means that I have plenty of time to catch up on reading and writing, and we've taken to watching Schitts Creek on Netflix.  It's an appalling show but we're hooked.  I compare it to I Love Lucy where a bunch of bizarre characters get themselves into crazy situations and have to work their way out - with modern ideas of sexuality to add an element of shock factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment