Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Thursday 24th September, 2020

 It's nice to be home.  While I was absent, the blinds were fitted to the new house and a couple of bedlamps appeared in the spare room.  I don't think there's much more be done until we can tick it off as being ready to live in.  It is a particularly comfortable home and a great place for an aging patient to recover.  And, we're ready to welcome visitors as soon as the Premier gives the nod.  He's saying it will be December before he raises the drawbridge  We can only wait and hope.

Jamie is not working today so is coming over to check that everything is as it should be for my recovery.  There are no stairs and the showers are easily accessible, with no sills to negotiate.  He's already installed a grab rail in one bathroom and will have a look today where else they may be needed.  It's been great to have someone to take on the responsibility for any building work.  I've never been very good at that sort of thing, anyway, and am well past it in my current recuperative state.

An hour after I arrived home yesterday, I had a call from the local Health Centre.  They had booked me in for a Physio appointment in a couple of weeks.  To save me making the 12-minute trek into the General Hospital, the Physio would see me in Longford.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment