Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Wednesday, November 17

 

It’s Sports Science today with 40-odd students in two rooms.  We’ve been warned that this subject attracts students who are keen; they are prone to do stretches and they drink lots of water.  I imagine that might lead to a greater number of toilet breaks.

The young woman who is my offsider is relatively new and offers to take the lead.  I’m happy to play second fiddle. She’s already spotted a mistake in the running sheet, which I might have missed.

An hour has passed and there’s a flurry of activity in the office along the corridor.  The Assessment authority has identified two errors in the Exam paper and the students need to be notified.  Neither seems significant but we write them on the board, nevertheless.  I wonder whether heads will roll.

Nobody has failed to attend, nobody leaves early, nobody requests water and only two ask for a toilet break.  All good!

When I come back to the office I find I am obliged to  fill in daily question on the board.  'Choose a name and note what they should be famous for' or something like that.  I choose Marilyn and suggest she might be a modern-day Florence Nightingale.  She chooses me and nominates me as Poet Laureate.  Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment