Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday, January 21st .....

Marilyn decided last week that it was time we changed sides of the bed.  Which side of the bed you sleep on is one of the things you decide in the first few days of marriage.  There was no question, in fact: I took the side nearest the door.  This is based on the ‘tiger’ theory; that is, if a tiger came through the door of the bedroom, it would meet me first and I would be able to deal with it before it ate Marilyn.  Forget the realities: that I would be inclined to throw Marilyn at it so I could have a chance to escape, the theory has worked for us for 47 years and it’s difficult to change now. 

They say that old married couples might need to introduce some new ideas into their time in bed but I can’t help but wonder if sleeping on the other side will make any difference.

I mentioned that we had watched Brave the other night.  It’s a kids’ movie, of course, but great fun and everyone will enjoy the animation and the bizarre characters in it.  The heroine, Merida, has incredible red hair; to deal with this in animation must have been a challenge for the animators. 
I really enjoyed hearing the voices of actors like Billy Connolly, Emma Thompson and Robbie Coltrane coming from the faces of the characters on the screen.  I’ll see Fergus in my mind every time I hear Billy Connolly on the radio.  Quite disconcerting.


Just a few days now before we fly to Auckland for our cruise.  We’ll take the caravan back to Dilston on Wednesday so we can pack our bags in time to leave on Thursday.  While we’re away, I’ll be celebrating my 70th birthday (perhaps celebrating is not the right word!)  It’s a real milestone and I can’t get my head around the concept that I’m as old as that.  Perhaps that’s one of the reasons we like cruising so much: compared to many of the other passengers, we’re relatively young.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment