Sunday, January 26, 2014

Saturday, January 25th ....

I've always enjoyed listening to music but the collection on my iPod is becoming a little stale so I've been looking for something new. Enter The Spooky Men's Chorale. I think they're based in Melbourne and they don't take themselves too seriously, although their music is great. I'd love to sing with a group like that.

The CD, Tooled Up, has songs like Not Pretty Enough and Ghost Riders in the Sky, but I particularly liked (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction and Vote the Bastards Out, written for the 'Not Happy, John' night at Brunswick Town Hall, October 2nd, 2004. The Spooky Theme contains the magic lines:

We Are the Spooky Men
We dream of Mastodons,
We sing in lower frequencies
And we can grow beards if we want to.

Of course, Marilyn looks at me askance when I play it. My wife doesn't understand me.


No comments:

Post a Comment