Friday, December 12, 2014

December 13, 2014

Knowing that  I would have lots of grass to cut, I had dropped my mower in for service before me went on the cruise.  They had to wait for some parts but I managed to collect it without too much hassle.  Mr Hodge did his thing with the tractor and slasher and Jamie and I started the long process of mowing and whipper-snipping to make the place look a little more respectable.  It's great that I have Jamie to help, even though he can't use his right arm at all.  One arm is enough to push a mower but, sadly, you need a right hand to use a whipper-sniper.

Nera is keen to be involved and she's the fittest and strongest of us all, but she has her work to go to so we don't let her do too much.

We noticed a problem with the mower; it was vibrating too much and the blades seemed to be loose.  Back to the repair-shop to be told that we had the wrong blades fitted - we had ones designed for a Victa and our mower is a Makita.  I'm disappointed with Bunnings who sold me the blades, assuring me that they're all the same.  I've been a great fan of a Bunnings but this has dampened my admiration.  I suppose it's the problem of lacking any mechanical aptitude, I just don't understand these things.  I remember at school when we took Aptitude Tests at the end of High School.  Apparently, I scored miserably on that section and was told I was only fit to be an Accountant.  Oh, well!  Of course, if I'd stayed in that profession I might be very wealthy today.  Or in prison.  Or dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment