Saturday, December 20, 2014

Sunday, December 21, 2014

I usually try to keep my natural cynicism under control but, occasionally, some issues can't be overlooked.  I've dealt pretty well with the over-the-top breast-beating following the Sydney siege but, when I heard a Salvation Army officer suggesting that Sydney was undergoing a 'journey of grief', I'd had enough. The man is a saint; he was in Martin Place every day offering support but he did himself no favours using phrases like that and, to cap it all, he also spouted the tired old cliche: we may not see eye to eye, but we can still stand shoulder to shoulder.

Even the ABC let me down this weekend.  I turned it on yesterday to be greeted by a cheery voice saying, 'Welcome to the Happiness Show, thank you for joining me in the Serenity Lounge.   Really, have we been reduced to this?

No comments:

Post a Comment