Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Thursday, December 1

I don't think I'm a conspiracy theorist but I am cynical about the motives of big business who are inclined to put profit above everything else. A good example of underhand business practice came up on QI this morning.

They were talking about whether banning smoking on planes has made flying more healthy. You would think so but it may not be the case ( I realise I'm channeling Stephen Fry's voice when I write a sentence like that).

in the old days, when it was legal to smoke on a flight, the air conditioning was set to completely replace the air in the cabin every 3 minutes. Now, airlines have turned down the system and passengers are lucky if they get a mixture of fresh and recycled air every 6 minutes. And the cabin air now carries more germs for a longer period. There's a significant saving in fuel costs for the airlines so that's alright then.

No comments:

Post a Comment