Friday, May 5, 2017

Saturday, May 6

We've been in our unit for four months now and are starting to feel more at home. After the first flush of enthusiasm, when we went to everything happening in the town, we've become a little more circumspect and are a little more selective in our decisions.

I haven't got back into the habit of going to Rotary every week but that will happen in due course. In the meantime, Probus is filling that gap. I'm standing in for the Secretary at the moment as well as organising the program of guest speakers, so life is pleasantly busy.

in the first week we were here, we were surprised to find that some kind soul took it upon himself to bring our rubbish bin back up the driveway when it had been emptied. He didn't bring it all the way but far enough to make my life a little easier. In fact, it appeared he did it for the three units. We suspect it is the fellow who lives in the little house at the bottom of the block and it's his way of helping out his elderly neighbours.

Last week, our bin did not arrive at its usual spot and I had to collect it myself. Hmmm! Did he forget, or was he away? This week we were out when the garbo arrived and we were surprised to find the bin still lying on the footpath, not delivered, when we got home hours later.

So, we're either out of favour, or the welcome has expired, or he's realised I'm not as decrepit as he thought and I can collect my own bloody bin. Marilyn believes the fellow has seen Jamie around and is happy to leave the job to him. In any case, the task of dealing with the bin is now back on my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment