Monday, May 22, 2017

Tuesday, May 23 (2)

Virginia and Michael on ABC Breakfast this morning were talking about their favourite TV detectives and I was surprised when they opted for Columbo, and Stabler from Law and Order SVU. I've always thought of Columbo as a caricature and the writing on that show was cliched and gimmicky. Detective Stabler had no personality and filled his role like an automaton. Maybe I'm just showing my prejudice against American cop shows and I'm prepared to admit that.

Who are my favourites? I've considered Inspectors Morse and Frost, and, more recently DCI Banks, but I can't go past Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes or Ken Stott as Rebus.

The top award, though, goes to Saga Noren from The Bridge, and I also give a nod to Bargearse from the 1970's Late Show.

1 comment: