Friday, November 15, 2019

Tuesday, 12 November

It's exam time again and another opportunity for me to be involved in supervision.  This year, Marilyn has also put up her hand, having enjoyed the few days work we did together at the Election Re-count earlier this year.  Even Jamie has got himself involved; he applied while he still had time available and, although he has a busy schedule with his main job, he'll still pick up four ofr five shifts with the exams.

Marilyn and I expected our first shift today but I was called in yesterday when there was a last-minute need for an extra pair of hands.  By the end of the fortnight we will have completed 16 or 17 shifts between us.  Some can be as long as 3 hours 45 minutes, and we're not allowed to read or do puzzles, so the time goes slowly.  I always have a pad handy and scribble down random thoughts, some of which I will transcribe into the blog to preserve them for posterity.

No comments:

Post a Comment