Friday, December 31, 2021

Saturday January 1

 

It looks like Marilyn and I will have an extended Christmas this year.  We’ve come across a collection of TV Christmas Specials on Acorn TV, there are 19 in all so, if we dole them out carefully, we might retain the Christmas spirit for up to a month.

 

We watched Hercule Poirot last night and a Brokenwood Mystery this afternoon so we’re off to a great start.  Others we look forward to include Miss Phryne Fisher, Detective Murdoch, and The Detectorists.  We’ll have covered the UK, New Zealand, Australia and Canada before we’re finished.  I wondered why there are no US productions in the collection until I realised Acorn TV is about the UK and its one-time colonies.

 

No doubt, if I look harder on the internet I’ll find some cheery US offerings as well.

 

Happy New Year, whoever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment