Saturday, January 7, 2023

Sunday, January 8

 It's our anniversary today, not a 'special' one like 25th or 50th but our 57th.  I like to call it our 'Heinz Anniversary' because I'm old enough to remember the old Heinz advertisements boasting that they sold '57 Varieties'.  We'll celebrate by heading off to one of the local pubs for lunch.  There's one that has a blackboard outside saying 'Lunch from 12, Tea after 5.30'.  Tea? That's an old-fashioned term I haven't heard for years and, when I see it, I think of Marilyn's mother saying to her husband, 'What would you like for tea, Dad?"

I've neglected the blog over the past few days and have to confess that I'm losing interest again.  I promised myself that I would try to write something every day but sometimes I'm embarrassed with the triviality of what I come up with.  I might be a little more reticent with my comments in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment