Sunday, October 9, 2011

Monday, October 10th …..

If our plans had not been changed, we would have sailed out of Sydney yesterday on our Pacific Islands cruise. It would have been nice but that’s life.

Instead, I was able to watch three very exciting games of Rugby on the TV. Normally, my preferred team gets the kiss of death if I watch them but, for some reason, the three teams I had hoped would win, did so. Fantastic! Now it’s the anxious wait until next weekend to see who wins the semi-finals.

Marilyn is still absent. She arrived yesterday in Mudgee and will be seeing her father in the nursing home this morning. She tells me that she had a wonderful few days with her nieces and nephew, enjoying a birthday party with them and hearing all that they have been doing. She certainly misses seeing them regularly and it’s good that she had the opportunity this time.

She has also been able to visit Mum and Uncle Archie, Sadly, they are fading. Uncle Archie is generally bed-ridden and Mum sleeps most of the time. It’s a very difficult stage of life when what we regard as basic elements of life are taken away. In many ways, we hope they go soon; as the old song goes, Life gets tedious, don’t it!

Since I’ve been anchored to the house, I’m finding that the days are long without much to look forward to. I had always said I would have no trouble with keeping myself busy but the reality is that you can only watch so much TV, and books become a bore after a half-hour or so. I can’t even get involved in the computer. It’s easy to see how people who are isolated eat too much. It helps to pass the time.

Anyway, my isolation is only temporary and as soon as I get back behind the wheel of the car, I’ll be off. Goodness knows where, but it will be wonderful to have my freedom back.

No comments:

Post a Comment