Monday, April 8, 2013

Sunday 7th (even later)

We're well on the way to Dubai.  We've had another very nice meal, I've seen the end of Jack Reacher and I'm now listening to Adele before I have a snooze.

During the stopover in Brunei, I noticed the bloke who had pinched my seat waiting among those of us going on to London.  I suspected he would be in the same seat for this next leg which would leave me once again in limbo, so I accosted him.  I should have known ... he was a pommie!  There was certainly no way I would share my seat with him so I was faced with two options: fight him for it, or try to get another one.  Being both a pacifist and coward I decided on the latter, so now I am happily seated in 49D. The FPBis down the back with his smelly socks and snores, and good luck to him.

I also noticed a fellow with a flannelette shirt and bib-and-brace overalls.  I thought he might be a maintenance man travelling with us to carry out some running repairs to the plumbing but, no, he was a passenger.  I'm just imagining the conversation with his wife at breakfast.  'What are you going to wear on the flight to London, dear?' 'I'll be going straight from work and I won't have time to get changed so the overalls will have to do.  Anyway they'll be handy if they have trouble with the plumbing.'

Wouldn't you just love to hear the captain ask over the PA, 'ls there a plumber on board?'

Anyway, it's time for a snooze.  This post is getting silly.

Well, we've landed at Dubai and taken off again for a 6 hour 50 minute flight to Heathrow.   It's been pretty painless so far and I don't expect the next few hours to be a problem.  I picked up the London Daily Mail to read on the plane and I'm about to attempt their crossword.  TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment