Monday, April 8, 2013

Sunday, 7th (later)

I'm on the plane, writing this note and watching Les Miserables on the tiny screen in back of the seat in front.  I had been worried about having enough legroom and there was nowhere on the booking website to request it, so I sent an email to the Royal Brunei office.   They  replied straight away suggesting I take the very back seat 59H.

When I got on, there was another bloke siting in 59G.  That's not what I was expecting especially when there were lots of empty seats; they might have given me the double-seat to myself!  He was clearly settling in: organising a pillow at his back and taking off his shoes.  I didn't fancy snuggling up to him on a long flight so I made a dignified exit, taking up an unoccupied row of three seats elsewhere.

They're starting to bring lunch around so I'll log out for now.

Back again. Good lunch and I've really enjoyed the film.  I haven't read any reviews but I think they're on a winner.  Of course, the music is wonderful.

I've just been for a walk and found the big-hat man sitting in the next cabin; he's fast asleep - and still wearing his hat!  The brim pokes out into the aisle and the hosties have to sway their hips out of the way when they go past.  The bloke who has hijacked my seat is also sleeping, sprawled out as if he owns both seats. What a cheek!

I've started to watch the movie, Quartet which Sandra and Jeff have recommended.  It's started well and I think it's going to be outstanding.  I'll have to stop writing as the film demands my whole attention. Back again. What a feel- good film!  This is one for the list of 'worth-watching again'.  It should be enough just to have Maggie Smith and Billy Connolly in the same movie but add Pauline Collins as well and the sky's the limit.

Now it's time for Jack Reacher.  Back soon!  

I've been enjoying the Reacher books by Lee Child although I'm not really a fan of pugilistic heroes.  Reacher is different.  Although he's a match for any three or four tough guys, his main skill is as  a problem-solver and the books are very cleverly written to keep the reader guessing to the end when all the threads are  masterfully drawn together. In the books, Reacher is 6 ft 4 and big all over.  In the movie, they've cast Tom Cruise.  What a joke!  He's too small to do the role justice.  

However, it's not that bad.  Cruise is too slick and pretty-boy handsome to carry it off but the story-line is so good it will be enjoyable.  I've only seen half as we landed early so I'll have to finish it on the way to Dubai.

No comments:

Post a Comment